Another weekend of work at the new location. We moved in some furniture, tossed a bunch of garbage and Leon installed our new mailbox.
More great news! The IRS accepted our paperwork. Xerocraft Makerspace of Tucson a fully accredited tax-exempt nonprofit. We received our letter of determination on Saturday, May 11. This means that material and monetary donations you make to us will be tax write-offs. This also opens us up to receiving educational and STEM grants!
I also pulled some grass by hand around the ivy and hung some vines against the brick wall next to the entrance.
But wait, there’s more!
Clean up at our new location continued today. I stopped by for about an hour and pulled weeds and swept out front. We have a weedwhacker but it is down for repair until I get the crack in the gas tank sealed. In the meantime I did what I could by hand.
Meeting for the Red Bull Creation Contest on
Saturday, May 4 at 12pm at 6th Ave and 23rd St.
Xerocraft is taking part in the Red Bull Creation Contest. We have to build a working contraption based on the microcontroller-driven LED device sent to us by Red Bull. We need to get something working and uploaded to YouTube by Sunday in order to beat the deadline. Ideas have been discussed but there is still time to add your own.
Work is continuing at our new location! Now we want to start up a collection of unwanted building supplies from the public. Got any material in your garage you want to get rid of? We’ll take it!
We’re asking everyone out their to begin bringing anything they think we’ll need to the Steinfeld warehouse at 101 West 6th Ave Ste. 200.
We need conduit, wire, piping, 2×4 and 2x6s for railing, drywall and mud, interior or exterior wall paint and anything else we can get our hands on.
- Dale will be available at the Steinfeld warehouse every Saturday from 10am to 12pm. Come down and drop off your donations.
- If you cannot make it at that time, email Jeremy at email@example.com to schedule another.
- If you do not want to haul the donation yourself, call us at 906-0352 and we’ll pick it up for you.
- If you have something but you’re not sure if we need it just call and ask.
We are still waiting for the IRS to grant us our 501c3 status. Once we do receive it, donations will become retroactive tax write-offs.
There is also work we can start doing now without permits:
- The plumber will install the bends and fittings. We will do the rest. We can hang the straight runs.
- Build railings: Cut up metal fences and weld them.
- Drywall mud and repair
- General cleanup
- Repair the hole in the wall in the upstairs office
Now is the time. Let’s make it happen!
The Xerocraft Team